Re: [Xen-devel] [osstest test] 19788: regressions - trouble: broken/fail/pass

(xen-devel added to the CC)

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [osstest test] 19788: regressions - trouble:
broken/fail/pass"):
> On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 11:58 +0100, xen.org wrote:
> > flight 19788 osstest real [real]
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/19788/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  build-armhf-pvops             4 kernel-build     fail in 19784 REGR. vs.
> > 19779
>
> This passed in this run, but it correctly observed that it fails in
> 19784. I'm going to assume it'll keep trying and eventually decide this
> is ok. I'll let you explain why when you get back;-)

It needed to use 19784 to prove that test-amd64-i386-xl-win7-amd64 was
a heisenbug.  This resulted in it trying to justify any other failures
in 19784 (which is necessary to avoid heisenbugs causing spurious
pushes when failing tests are blocked).  And, the heisenbug
compensator only tolerates failures in tests, not builds.