[Xen-devel] Xen supported LAPIC features

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Hoyer, David" <David.Hoyer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 19:03:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:04:06 +0000

I am working at getting VxWorks to boot as a guest OS on Xen/Debian as an SMP
guest (HVM).   I have run into a couple problems that I was hoping could be
addressed by this group.   None of the other groups seemed to discuss at a low
enough level which is why I am starting here.

I noticed that the LAPIC timer does not seem to be supported by Xen.  Is this
correct and if so, are there plans of supporting it?   VxWorks defaults to
LAPIC timer for the system timer so it would be beneficial to have that support
in XEN if we are to be able to run with an unmodified VxWorks kernel.

I also noticed that reading from address 0xfee00020 always returns 0 when it
should be returning which core is running.   I found a way around that by using
a CPUID command but this begs the question of what else is not supported of the
LAPIC commands.

David Hoyer