Re: [Xen-devel] [Query] Xen nomenclature mapping to ARMv7

On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 18:16 +0530, Mj Embd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was debugging a problem and got confused into gmfn, gpfn, mfn.
>
> There are 4 addresses when running a VM on arm
> (a) Guest Virtual
> (b) Guest Physical
> (c) IPA
> (d) Real Physical.
>
> MFN is AFAIK is (d). Not able to map gmfn and gpn to (a)(b)(c).

I think you mean s/gpn/gfn/?

AIUI gmfn and gfn are used interchangeably to refer to what the guest
thinks of as real-physical, on ARM which always uses hardware second
stage paging that would always be IPA.

On x86 PV gmfn/gpn would be actually real physical, while for an HVM
guest with hardware paging it would be the x86 equivalent of IPA
(whatever that is called).

That said, not all code is consistent about this sort of thing so YMMV.