Re: [Xen-devel] CSCHED_CREDITS_PER_MSEC" and "MILLISECS(1)"

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Adel Amani <adel.amani66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> What mean's "CSCHED_CREDITS_PER_MSEC" and "MILLISECS(1)"?
> and in function "burn_credits" how computing "credits" and
> "svc->start_time"?

As I am not entirely sure, I did not reply to your earlier email, as
someone else who does know will reply. To that end, there's no need to
post the same questions over again.

If I had to guess, CSCHED_CREDITS_PER_MSEC is the amount of credits
used up per millisecond, MILLISECS(1) converts 1 millisecond into
nanoseconds, and burn_credits is calculating the amount of credits to
remove using these constants and the delta time between the start of
the vcpu's scheduling and the current time.

You can find this out easily using something like ctags to look up
definitions (they're mainly in the credit scheduler implentation file
anyway), so there's no need to post each one out here.

- Matthew