Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update

On 20/09/13 16:57, Olaf Hering wrote:
On Mon, Sep 16, George Dunlap wrote:

* xend still in tree
  - xl list -l on a dom0-only system
  - xl list -l doesn't contain tty console port
  - Alternate transport support for migration
libxl has no pvscsi support. This is listed as "SCSI LUN/Host
passthrough (PVSCSI)" in the page below.

Is PVUSB already handled by libxl?

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XL_vs_Xend_Feature_Comparison

Are you personally using PVSCSI, and/or pvusb, and/or do you know any large downstreams and/or user bases that depend on them?

There was never any intention of making xl have every single feature of xend; only the features that people cared enough about to argue for / implement themselves. The list above was generated from a recent discussion of why Oracle and Amazon object to removing xend at this time. If these is an important feature to you, the time to say something about it was 1 year ago.

That said, pvusb should be really simple to do once we have the HVM hot-plug support; I've got a patch series that just needs to be cleaned up and submitted. It's on my short list of things to do, but realistically looking like it's not going to happen for 4.4 (unless we reconsider the release cycle length). If you're interested in taking it over, I'd be happy to hand it off to you.

 -George