Re: [Xen-devel] Problems in running XenARM on Cortex-A15 Fast Models

Thanks Stefano,

I just cannot see the four x-term windows. And when I try to telnet port 5000, it will halt:
xiaoguang@dophine:~/works/arm/linux$ telnet localhost 5000
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

I can run a linux kernel on this Fast Model with a x-term window appears. And I followed this manual: www.virtualopensystems.com/media/kvm-resources/kvm-arm-guide.pdf

So I don't know why I cannot bring up x-term windows when I start xen on fast models. Normally, will it start x-term windows if I do the command like:
model_shell FastModels/FastModelsPortfolio_7.0/examples/RTSM_VE/Build_Cortex-A15x1/Linux64-Release-GCC-4.1/cadi_system_Linux64-Release-GCC-4.1.so xen.git/xen/xen.axp

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Xiaoguang

2013/9/19 Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC'ing xen-devel

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, XiaoGuang Wang wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Sorry to bother you. I'm a phd student at Florida State University, and I plan to do some research work on xen for arm. But I
> think I may have trouble in running xen-ARM on Cortext-A15 Fast Models. Here is what I do with a step by step procedure:
>
> First, I download Xen-4.4 and compile Xen with the following command:
> xiaoguang@dophine:~/works/xen-4.4$ CONFIG_DTB_FILE=/home/xiaoguang/works/xen-4.4/vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dtb make -C xen
> XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm32 CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-
>
> And I get xen, xen.axf in xen/ folder.
>
> Next, I compile Linux dom0 kernel with the following command:
> xiaoguang@dophine:~/works/arm/xen/linux$ curl http://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/config > .config
> xiaoguang@dophine:~/works/arm/xen/linux$ CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- ARCH=arm make menuconfig
> xiaoguang@dophine:~/works/arm/xen/linux$ CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- ARCH=arm make
>
> Finally, I run xen on ARM fast models:
> xiaoguang@dophine:~/works$ model_shell~/ARM/FastModelsPortfolio_8.2/examples/FVP_VE/Build_Cortex-A15x1/Linux64-Release-GCC-4.4/cadi_system_Linux64-Release-GCC-4.4.so
> xen-4.4/xen/xen.axf -C motherboard.flashloader0.fname=/home/xiaoguang/works/arm/xen/linux/arch/arm/boot/zImage
> terminal_0: Listening for serial connection on port 5000
> terminal_1: Listening for serial connection on port 5001
> terminal_2: Listening for serial connection on port 5002
> terminal_3: Listening for serial connection on port 5003
> WARNING: motherboard.mmc: MMC backing store file mmc.dat could not be used
> INFO: motherboard.mmc backing store: no image file connected
> INFO: motherboard.flashloader0: FlashLoader: Loaded 2314 kB from file '/home/xiaoguang/works/arm/xen/linux/arch/arm/boot/zImage'
> Simulation is started
>

> But there is only a small "Fast Models - CLCD" window appeared and no any other windows (Xen and Linux concole). So is there
> something wrong with my compilation and installation? Thank you!

The command above should bring up four x-term windows.
Did you try to connect to port 5000 via telnet?

telnet 127.0.0.1 5000