Re: [Xen-devel] libxl videoram for cirrus graphics

Il 18/09/2013 11:13, Rob Hoes ha scritto:
cirrus card support maximum of 4mb (which is also the default) so there is
IMHO no point in reporting an error, just a warning would be enough
Frediano, does what you said apply to traditional QEMU only? Fabio seems to
suggest 8MB is needed on upstream QEMU.

After my patch the hvm domUs start correctly with both cirrus and stdvga with all upstream qemu versions (I tested up to 1.6). Without it the hvm domUs was unable to start in some case with qemu 1.3 and all case of qemu >=1.4.

And did you really mean "maximum"? 8MB seems to work for cirrus on
traditional-QEMU.

If I remember good I did fast test with qemu traditional with my patch and was working with both vgas, the only case (but I not completely sure) is with qemu-trad and cirrus vga where 4 mb of videoram could be unused IF cirrus support only up 4 mb.

Rob