Re: [Xen-devel] Suggestion for merging xl save/restore/migrate/migrate-receive

George Dunlap writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Suggestion for merging xl
save/restore/migrate/migrate-receive"):
> On 16/09/13 17:20, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Perhaps the documentation needs to be improved.  But you can just say
> >     xl migrate -s '' 42 'nc remotehost 1234'
>
> Actually, that's a pretty bizarre interface -- I don't think I would
> have gotten that from the help.

Yes, sorry.  It was intended to be an escape hatch to make everything
possible, not the main interface.

> If we had a new "transport" option that could take format strings, we
> could even set the default transport in xl.conf, like so:
>
> migrate.default.transport="myssh %h %r"
> migrate.default.transport="nc %h 1234"
> migrate.default.transport="socat - OPENSSL:%h:8005,verify=0"

For the 2nd of these I would be inclined to implement something like
  xl migrate -t inet 42 remotehost
with xl making the networking calls itself.