[Xen-devel] probe_intel_cpuid_faulting() behavior

Jinsong,

somehow it escaped my attention so far that this probing, on a CPU
not supporting the respective MSR, necessarily produces a GPF log
message. Since such instances are generally a reason to worry,
would it be possible to at least avoid this for all CPU families/models
below a certain level (the system I'm seeing this on is family 0xf
model 6)? If so, could you provide precise cut-off values (I can of
course easily enough create a patch myself once I have the
numbers)?

Jan