Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 18851: regressions - FAIL [and 1 more messages]

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [xen-unstable test] 18851: regressions - FAIL"):
> This looks like a red herring.  Having poked about in woodlouse it looks
> like something is screwy with interrupts.  The tg3 cards aren't using
> MSI and the USB controller is using edge not level handlers.  Another
> machine with the same chipset is happily using MSIs.

I did the following tests overnight:

 * 3.4.60 kernel:

   Pass!  [adhoc flight 19081]

 * 3.10.10 + patch from Zoltan Kiss to limit SKB_FRAG_PAGE_ORDER
   Subject: net/core: Order-3 frag allocator causes SWIOTLB bouncing under Xen
   Date: Wed Sep 04 21:54:01 BST 2013

   Fail as before (in this case, timeout in debootstrap trying to
   install a geust).  [adhoc flight 19082]

 * 3.10.10, kernel command line "pci=noacpi and pci=nocrs"

   Total boot failure.  SATA controller complaining bitterly about
   lost interrupts.  [adhoc flight 19085]

I also took woodlouse out of the main test pool, which is how we got a
push of 4.2.  I'm going to put it back now, and make a change to
switch to Linux 3.4.y for general tests.

I think this gets the 3.10.y problem off the critical path for
everything else but of course we should still fix it.  I will leave
the 3.10.y push gate in place.