Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable] Commit 2ca9fbd739b8a72b16dd790d0fff7b75f5488fb8 AMD IOMMU: allocate IRTE entries instead of using a static mapping, makes dom0 boot process stall several times.

>>> On 23.08.13 at 00:51, Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After i got things working on baremetal Linux, i adjusted Xen and hardcoded
> it to add a mapping for ioapic[6]=00:14.0.
> (the entries for ivrs_ioapic[7] and hpet[0] are actually correct in the bios
> tables, so they don't need correction for me at the moment)

Are you sure about the HPET part of this? I ask because that being
wrong could be an explanation for the stalls you see when using
cpuidle (as that could mean those HPET interrupts needed for
waking CPUs don't arrive).

Speaking of which - why don't you try whether when not using
FSB-capable HPET channels, the stalls go away? All you'd need
to change is hpet_fsb_cap_lookup() - it ought to return without
doing anything (i.e., if you look at the code, as if
acpi_gbl_FADT.boot_flags had ACPI_FADT_NO_MSI set).

Jan