Re: [Xen-devel] xen: arm: beginning the removal of mode_switch.S

On 08/20/2013 03:11 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> So this is all pretty complex (not to mention hard to describe in ASCII)
> and in lockstep, the secondary cpus wait twice once on the original
> smp_cpu_up and then again on the relocated version. There is a subtle
> reliance on the 1:1 mapping being retained in the original copy of the
> page tables.

Thanks for this ASCII!

> I think the original wait is actually a workaround for lack of firmware
> on the fastmodels, and should be implemented by either the firmware or
> bootwrapper.

BTW, this wait is an issue when the boot CPU ID is not equal to 0.

I gave a quick try to move kick cpus after the HYP mode switch in
assembly and I'm unable to boot secondary cpus on the Versatile Express.
I guess, on the VE secondary cpus can only be "kick" in secure mode.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall