Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update

>>> On 08.08.13 at 18:09, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As discussed elsewhere, I am proposing a 6-month release cycle.  Xen
> 4.3 was released on 9 July.  That would give us a release on 9 January
> 2014.  This is fairly close after the Christmas season, so I propose
> to make the estimated release date later, on 21 January, giving a few
> extra weeks for the holiday season:
>
> * Feature freeze: 18 October 2013
> * Code freezing point: 8 November 2013
> * First RC: 26 November 2013
> * Release: 21 January 2014

So I didn't see any comments on the proposed schedule so far.
Hence I wonder how fixed we have to consider that plan at
this point. I'm asking because from the very beginning I was
not really in favor of shortening the release cycle, and looking
at the number of (smaller) items on my todo list, I don't see any
way to even get just a good part of them done by the proposed
feature freeze date (taking into consideration that working on
those items usually is possible only when no other bugs or
routine work need dealing with).

Jan