Re: [Xen-devel] Powerdown problem on XEN | ACPI S5

>>> On 14.08.13 at 10:48, Atom2 <ariel.atom2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>      spin_debug_disable();
>      printk("After spin_debug_disable\n");
>
>      if ( (error = device_power_down()) )
>      {
>          printk(XENLOG_ERR "Some devices failed to power down.");
>          system_state = SYS_STATE_resume;
>          goto done;
>      }
>
>      printk("Before ACPI_FLUSH_CPU_CACHE\n");
>      ACPI_FLUSH_CPU_CACHE();
>      printk("After ACPI_FLUSH_CPU_CACHE\n");
>
> The final few messages of the *new* output *after my amateur mods* on
> the serial console now read as follows:
> (XEN) Entering ACPI S5 state.
> (XEN) After local_irq_save
> (XEN) After spin_debug_disable
>
> There is neither a message reading
> (XEN) Some devices failed to power down.
>
> nor one reading
> (XEN) Before ACPI_FLUSH_CPU_CACHE

Right, possibly because the first thing device_power_down()
does is console_suspend(). Comment that out via your debug
patch, and you might see more.

It would be particularly interesting to know whether perhaps
some of the ACPI registers live in memory space on that
system - I already have a patch queued up (but not submitted
yet) that fixes problems in that case.

Jan