Re: [Xen-devel] Domain 0 crashed when booting OMAP5 uEVM

On 13 August 2013 09:45, Chen Baozi <baozich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2013, at 3:56 PM, Chen Baozi <baozich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 12, 2013, at 10:30 PM, Andrii Anisov <andrii.anisov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>> And I checked the latest git tree I've used, it is:
>>
>>       cpus {
>> +             #address-cells = <1>;
>> +             #size-cells = <0>;
>>
>>               cpu@0 {
>>                       device_type = "cpu";
>>                       compatible = "arm,cortex-a15";
>>                       reg = <0x0>;
>>               };
>>               cpu@1 {
>>                       device_type = "cpu";
>>                       compatible = "arm,cortex-a15";
>>                       reg = <0x1>;
>>               };
>>       };
>>
>> I'll check if the missing address-cells and size-cells caused my
>> issues.
>>

> Yes, it is because of lacking #address-cells and #size-cells.

Hum, according to Linux Documentation/devicetree/booting-without-of.txt
(section III.5.b):
"This node is the parent of all individual CPU nodes. It doesn't
have any specific requirements, though it's generally good practice
to have at least:

               #address-cells = <00000001>
               #size-cells    = <00000000>

This defines that the "address" for a CPU is a single cell, and has
no meaningful size. This is not necessary but the kernel will assume
that format when reading the "reg" properties of a CPU node, see
below"

So Xen doesn't have the right behaviour. I will send a patch later to fix
this issue.

--
Julien Grall