Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update

. . .

Back then (https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/2/9/299), Matthew said:

> Hm. Is there absolutely no way to do this by replacing efi_call_*? It'd
> really be nice to avoid yet another set of duplicate functions here -
> the ia64/x86 situation is already bad enough. Ideally this would be
> sufficiently generic that arm can also plug into it.

It looks like the arm patches are just now nearing commit worthiness,
with V2 just posted a couple of days ago:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/8/6/584

It looks like Garrett's goal of merging arm and x86 EFI code is being
realized, and that I will need to refactor my patchset to keep up with
these changes.  Roy Franz seems to be doing the heavy lifting on arm
EFI, with Matt Fleming serving as the maintainer.

Related to this, is the Xen hypervisor booting under EFI for arm
already?  I assume not, if Linux currently lacks the needed
hypercalls.  Does anything arm-specific need to happen in an
EFI-friendly dom0 kernel, given that it is hypercall driven?  Is there
a platform for test?

- Eric