Re: [Xen-devel] libxc/evtchn: Missed events when using several handles.

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Vincent Bernardoff <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 11:48:27 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 10:48:45 +0000

On 06/08/2013 11:29, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 11:15 +0100, Vincent Bernardoff wrote:
>Using the attached test programs, the select fails when using h2, and
>works with using h1 (line 41).
What do yo mean by "fails", does it return an error or does it just
block waiting for an event which never happens?

It does block waiting for an event which never happens.

>It seems that using several evtchn handles does not work correctly. What
>is the expected behaviour when using multiple event channel handles ?
You only appear to bind an evtchn to h1, so I would expect that you
would only see evtchns on h1 and selecting on h2 will just block waiting
for something to happen,

It seems to be the case.

 or maybe h2 will return an error because there
are no evtchns to wait on.

No, this doesn't happen.

If you bind a different evtchn to h2 then you
should be able to wait on both h1 and h2.

I thought that an handle was an interface to the eventchn, and that binding events was completely independant of handles, that is, all handles receive all events. I was obviously wrong, but it was not clear to guess.

Thanks,

Vincent.