Re: [Xen-devel] Hypervisor Migration

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you mean you want to migrate the guests from m.h to n.i.h? Or do you mean you want to migrate the hypervisor itself from running on bare metal to running in a VM?

The second situation, thus IÂwant to migrate the hypervisor itself from running on bare metal to running in a VM.

I think the Intel guys have been looking at the first (migrating a VM running on Xen-on-metal to Xen-on-Xen). Not sure about AMD.

I have Intel machines so I am interested in the Intel architecture.Â
Is the Intel work public? I would like to have a look.
I'm more interested in Xen-on-Xen even if Xen-on-metal is cool as well.Â

I don't think anyone has tried the second even with a normal operating system, much less a hypervisor with things running on top of it.

Ok good to know. Maybe it's because the nested support was sperimental and there are no useful application so far.Â