Re: [Xen-devel] How to make xl support the old version of vTPM tools

  • To: Bei Guan <gbtju85@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Xu, Quan" <quan.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:38:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: Daniel De Graaf <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:39:25 +0000

Yes, I try to enable vTPM in Xen-4.3-unstable. There are some difference between xen 4.3 and previous version. in Xen 4.3 we’ll be moving to a “stubdomain-only” model, unifying the vtpm system and making it much more secure.

How to deal with migration is an interesting and necessary topic for vTPM. BTW my team will try to enable below 3 topics:

1. enable xen vTPM to allow programs to interact with a TPM in a virtual machine, the same way they interact with a TPM on the physical system.

2. intergrate xen vTPM in openstack cloud. virtual machine in OpenStack can work with Xen vTPM.

3. promote TPM 2.0 in Xen. Xen vTPM can run on TPM 2.0.

What about trying to enable vTPM together first.

In Xen release note wiki (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_4.3_Release_Notes), it noted ‘qemu-upstream is now the default for VMs not using stub domains. You can change this by adding device_model_version = "qemu-xen-traditional" to your config file.’

Maybe it is a good approach to make it work. I will try it this afternoon.

BTW:

XSM should enable first.

Thanks

Quan Xu