Re: [Xen-devel] GDBDSX support for new linux boot loading sequence?

On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 14:42 -0700, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:38:42 +0000
> "Zulauf, John" <john.zulauf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I recently tried to use gdbsx to debug a linux kernel running as an
> > HVM.  Even with the correct vmlinux, gdb was unable to correctly map
> > the symbol information to the correct memory locations.  Upon some
> > investigation it appears that the new Linux loader sequence is
> > relocating it before executing it.

What is this "new Linux loader"? Are you talking about a new bootloader
or a new revision of the bzImage format or something else?

I have no idea about the gdbsx side of things here, but if there is a
new bootloader protocol doing the rounds it would be useful to know
about...