[Xen-devel] ehci dbgp reset during boot?

Jan (or others),

I'm seeing an issue with the EHCI debug port functionality, that I'm
wondering whether it is a known limitation of the hardware, or if this
is a bug.

On a particular system that I had limited debug capabilities in the
past (Dell Inspiron 15 i3) I am seeing the debug messages abruptly
stop during boot, followed by garbage that looks like an uninitialized
serial port:

[    3.816669] Freeing SMP alternatives: 20k freed
[    3.819784] ACPI: Core revision 20121018
xï~xï~P

This always stops with the same ACPI message.
I'm wondering if some bus level reset is going on, that might be
confusing the debug port, and perhaps it is not recovering from this?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ben