Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

George,

--On 17 June 2013 14:29:22 +0100 George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is also the issue of migration not working with 'xl' with
the PVHVM Linux guests. I am able to reproduce this (this is
the issue Vasiliy Tolstov experienced) when doing a simple
migration:

  xl migrate latest localhost

which hangs at 50% and stops. I hadn't been able yet to capture the
output from the guest so I don't know if I am hitting the same
_exact_ error Vasiliy is hitting.

If I do 'xm migrate latest localhost' it works nicely.

Note that I am using qemu-traditional for this (xl).

You mentioned this on IRC, but you haven't actually given anything near a
real bug report. :-)

xl localhost migrate is tested in osstest, and we just had that bug with
the timing for PVHVM guests that we fixed a few weeks ago -- that
involved doing 100+ localhost migrates.

Was that on qemu-xen/qemu-upstream rather than qemu-traditional?

--
Alex Bligh