Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG 1747]Guest could't find bootable device with memory more than 3600M

Il 12/06/2013 09:49, Jan Beulich ha scritto:
>> #3 should be possible or even the default (would need to check), but #4
>> is probably a bit harder to do.  Perhaps you can use a magic I/O port
>> for the xen platform PV driver, but if you can simply use two PCI
>> windows it would be much simpler because that's the same that TCG and
>> KVM already do.  The code is all there for you to lift in SeaBIOS.
>
> What is the connection here to the platform PV driver?

It's just a hook you already have for Xen-specific stuff in QEMU.

>> Only Windows XP and older had problems with that because they didn't
>> like something in the ASL; but the 64-bit window is placed at the end of
>> RAM, so in principle any PAE-enabled OS can use it.
>
> At the end of _RAM_???

Why the question marks? :)

If you have 4GB of RAM it will end at 0x140000000 (or something like
that) and that's where the 64-bit window starts.  Of course if you have
no RAM above the PCI hole, the 64-bit window will start at 0x100000000.

Paolo