Re: [Xen-devel] qemu upstream version in Xen 4.3.0 RC4

On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 12:34 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Dario Faggioli writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Test Day is today!"):
> > On mer, 2013-06-12 at 09:44 +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> > > I saw that qemu upstrem tag is not updated (on Config.mk
> > > QEMU_UPSTREAM_REVISION ?= qemu-xen-4.3.0-rc1) but on git there are new
> > > patches, why?
> > >
> > I honestly don't know, although I remember Ian Jackson and Stefano
> > mentioning it yesterday... Stefano, Ian, any clues?
>
> On IRC yesterday I wrote:
>
> 11:57 <Diziet> stefano_s: You have updated the qemu-upstream-unstable
>                tree but the fixed version in xen.git#staging's
>                Config.mk remains at qemu-xen-4.3.0-rc1.
> 11:58 <Diziet> I'm going to make the RC tarball with what you get if
>                you check out xen.git master, not what you get if you
>                were to fiddle with Config.mk (or pull by hand or
>                whatever).
>
> I think we should update Config.mk - indeed, we should probably have
> done so before.  But that's subject to prompting from Stefano (who
> knows when the qemu upstream tree has been updated) at and the moment
> confirmation George as release manager.

Presumably we are going to put real commit numbers here instead of tag
names, otherwise we need to have a test pass in the midst of the release
process to propagate the change of tag name. We can still tag the qemu
repo post-hoc as we do for xen.git.