Re: [Xen-devel] xl save but leave domain paused

  • To: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ian Murray <murrayie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:21:56 +0100 (BST)
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:22:35 +0000
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=lsX4OQpXAMvAPXUsnVaTsaiI3+5NCACQX0AGiZka7S54opa5ltMsQq8mUIk65JuVZXaC05EZeDRpqeoyos8TwOoxEbGmQgaFUw77QMYohGZfCDmkxwgq5KoP//IOe/MKGXBI6ESm9fDa2iLlmcqpaXbZBZiUpGKqcfJEUpQz8K8=;

> It seems like useful functionality to me, so subject to reviewing the
> actual implementation I think it more than likely would.

I see there is a longterm goal for snapshoting....

"

Full-VM snapshotting owner: ? status: none prognosis: Probably delay until 4.4
Have a way of coordinating the taking and restoring of VM memory and disk
snapshots.  This would involve some investigation into the best way to
accomplish this."

I don't know if my proposed solution meets that requirement. I would argue that
snapshotting of the virtual disk is beyond the scope of the hypervisor tools
because there are many different ways to implement a virtual disk, each with
their own "snapshotting" methods....

So perhaps it does meet the requirement.

>>  The code I ended up with was (which is what I think you expected):-
>
> Yep, minus the fprintf which I don't think is needed.

Yeah, that was in to make sure I was defintely running the right code, as pause
straight after the suspend has the same output

>>      if (leavepaused || checkpoint || rc < 0) {
>>          if (leavepaused && ! (rc < 0)) {
>
> I think the libxl coding style would be to cuddle the ! against the
> bracket.

Lol, I will take a look at the rest of the code to make sure it is in the same
style.