Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

>>> On 10.06.13 at 18:04, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * XSA-55
>   status: v6 posted
>   priority: blocker (?)

I view this as an unconditional blocker - shipping with a published
security vulnerability of this kind would be very bad. Hence, no
matter how long it takes, we shouldn't ship without this taken care
of.

> * AMD: IOMMU accidental clearing
>   owner: Jan Beulich, Suravee Suthikulpanit
>   status:

v5 posted, but I agree that at most the erratum workaround would
be a reasonable candidate to go in before the release. In the most
recently posted shape it would even apply without patch 1 (albeit
with fuzz, but that means swapping the patch order is no big deal
anymore). I meanwhile doubt, however, that having the erratum
workaround is that important considering the other flaws. IOW I
vote for either taking both (along with the risk), or postpone them
together (aiming at a backport to 4.3.1).

Jan