Re: [Xen-devel] tmem ephemeral page discarding

On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 04:06:18AM +0000, James Harper wrote:
> How does Xen manage ephemeral pages? Is there a way to manage the priority of
> pages in the ephemeral store? In my use case, I would prefer that an old page
> was automatically discarded to make room for a new page, and that pages that
> have been retrieved already are more likely to be discarded than a page that
> has not yet been retrieved.

In other words an LRU system with bounds. Right now the bounds are the amount
of memory available and
when Xen needs more memory the bounds gets decreased - which will discard the
least used ephermeal pages.

There is a tmem subop to actually set the cap (TMEMC_SET_CAP), which sets the
cap value. However
I am not seeing in the code anybody using it. Hmmm