[Xen-devel] Questions about the mapping from gpfn to mfn when live migration

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kai Luo <kluo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 23:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 09:37:56 +0000

Hi everyone:
    I am reading code of live migration process of hvm domain now.My question is that I can't find the transformation position that transform hvm domainâs gpfn to mfn.That is,the method ,in file xc_linux_osdep.c,linux_privcmd_map_foreign_bulk(xc_interface *xch, xc_osdep_handle h,uint32_t dom, int prot,const xen_pfn_t *arr, int *err, unsigned int num),the list of xen_pfn_t contains the list of guest's mfns(gpfns in xen),for para-virtualization guests they are thransformed by the pfn_to_mfn() before assignment(in xc_domain_save())ïfor hvm guests howeverïI can not find a similar conversion process,they are directly conveyed to the dom's kernel directly without any transformation.So I continued to follow the process,finding the following key functions:
    privcmd_ioctl(struct file *file,unsigned int cmd, unsigned long data)
     ->privcmd_ioctl_mmap_batch(udata, 2)
     ->->  traverse_pages(mmapcmd.num, sizeof(struct privcmd_mmap_entry),&pagelist,mmap_mfn_range, &state);
    Still no clue for the thransformation process,could you give any sugguestions?
    My second question is that is it possible that I give a list of hvm's mfns(not gpfns) and then get the contents held in memory in dom0?Does xen have any function of this kind?
Thank you all!
Jone