Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 alignment check panic due to EFLAGS.AC been set

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 05:27:27PM +0800, Ma JieYue wrote:

> We found some mail may be related to this problem,
>
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-01/msg02285.html
> http://old-list-archives.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-11/msg00827.html
>
> but all these posts reported a domU panic (maybe PV domU) , while mine
> is related to dom0
>

> The Xen version is 4.0.1 and dom0 kernel comes from jeremy's git tree

I suggest upgrading your Xen hypervisor.. 4.0.1 is very old,
and not even the latest on 4.0.x branch.

Currently Xen 4.2.2 is the latest stable release.

> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=commit;h=ae333e97552c81ab10395ad1ffc6d6daaadb144a
>
> It is xen-2.6.32.36 version of jeremy's dom0 git tree, so I guess
> maybe it is too old to be related with CPU SMAP feature

Jeremy's xen.git is not maintained anymore, so it doesn't have the latest
xen related fixes and features, and also it's lacking security fixes,
so I don't recommend using it anymore.

You should switch to mainline Linux 3.x kernel, which should be better in every
way.

> Any help is appreciated, thanks.
>

> Best regards,
>
> jerry