Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM causes stuck system clock with ACPI

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 12:49 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> The problem appears to be that Linux thinks it's asking for something in
> the future, but is actually asking for something in the past.  It must
> look at its watch just before the final domain pause, and then asks for
> the time just after the migration resumes on the other side.  So it
> doesn't realize that 10ms (or something) has already passed, and that
> it's actually asking for a timer in the past.

I suppose the root cause of this is that the type of migration being
used is completely transparent to the guest? Unlike, say, a PV aware
migration or an S3 suspend where the guest is aware and will quiesce
things such that it won't look at the time before and use it after.

TBH I don't know how you either determine or control which type of
migration is done...