Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM causes stuck system clock with ACPI

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The usual questions: What does "xl -vvv ... " say? Is there anything of
> interest under /var/log/xen/* (any variant of the domain's name)?

In particular, look for errors in qemu-related files, since that's
what seems to have failed.

Since you said that pings failed when the clock stopped working, I'm
currently running the following mini-script in a Debian PVHVM guest.
So far it's made 18 iterations:

count=0; while ping -c 5 -w 10 10.80.238.151 ; do count=$(($count+1))
; echo "== migrate $count ==" ; xl migrate h0 localhost ; done

(It did once hang with all the domU's vcpus pegged at 100%, completely
unresponsive; but that looks like a different bug to the one you're
describing.)

I'll be playing around with the config a bit, and also trying a
Precise VM here in a bit.

 -George