Re: [Xen-devel] Very strange behavior between balloon driver and network driver (Arndale)

> I expect that the ballooning up and down is counteracting the affect of
> the 1:1 workaround which is required on the Arndale due to lack of an
> IOMMU driver.
>
> As a workaround I would recommend using dom0_mem= and
> disabling autoballooning.

After I applied the above two things, I still see the network error.
Autoballooning is still used in privcmd with ioctl
IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAPBATCH_V2 when mapping foreign range (in order to
deliver the domU kernel binary to domU memory).

I applied as follows:
  - put dom0_mem=256M in dom0 kernel booting arg.
  - create domU with config autoballoon="off"

> Of course if, as a Sumsung developer, you are able to gain access to the
> documentation necessary to write an IOMMU driver for the Arndale
> platform that would be great!

AFAIK Arndale board has sysMMU but it is placed between CPU and GPU for
performance purpose. So, I think it is not be able to use it for
virtualization.

> Ian.

Jaeyong