Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM loses ACPI data in xenstore

Ian,

--On 20 May 2013 09:40:01 +0100 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You could perhaps verify this somewhat by playing with the kernel's
clocksource= option.

clocksource=[hpet|pit|tsc|acpi_pm|cyclone|scx200_hrt]

I'm guessing clocksource=tsc is the least dependent on 'other stuff'.

We'll have a play.

Any ideas on how to debug this further? It is odd that the date command
(used to set a date) will unstick the clock.

I'd have thought that would only poke the RTC, but to be honest I'm not
sure.

I'm pretty sure date itself only changes the wallclock (the clock command
normally being needed to write to the RTC). If the images are running
ntp, that may notice the wallclock change and write to CMOS I guess.

--
Alex Bligh