Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update RC2 imminent

On 20/05/13 11:51, Wei Liu wrote:
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:33:23AM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
[...]
== Open bugs ==

* mac address changes on reboot if not specified in config file
   owner: ??

I think this is a known issue as xl doesn't update config to stored
config file.

It also affects things like updating domain name then do migration /
reboot etc.

It might be fixed in a straight-forward manner by having stored config
file update every time domain live config is updated. But I'm not sure.

I might have a look at this when I have time.

ISTR that actually at the moment the domain config by default is reloaded from the file on a reboot. (Could be wrong about that.) That leads to a number of strange things, like the cd-rom changing on reboot to what was in the config file, for example.

I think long-term we probably want to sort out the "right" way to do this -- ideally I think we'd like there to be a "config on next reboot" that one could manipulate while the VM is running -- manually changing such things as the number of vcpus or amount of memory, automatically updating things like the cdrom and the mac address.

But since there is a pretty sensible work-around for this (namely, just specify the mac address) I think it would be better to focus on some of the qemu-related ones.

 -George