Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 00/29] Support multiple ARM platforms in Xen

On 04/29/2013 05:13 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 00:01 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This patch series is divided in 4 parts:
>>     - Patch 1-6: Minor bug fixes
>>     - Patch 7-10: Add hierarchical device tree support based on linux tree
>>     - Patch 11-24: Remove harcoded part
>>     - Patch 25-28: Arndale support based on Anthony's git
>>
>> Xen can boot on both Arndale Board and the Versatile Express without
>> recompilation. But there is still some hardcoded part, mainly in assembly.
>>
>> Things to do:
>>     - Move secondary CPUs bring up code in platform specific
>>     - Move out of Xen the switch between secure mode and hypervisor mode
>>     - Rework dom0 device tree creation
>>     - Use everywhere the new device tree API
>>     - Add a support for SYS MMU
>>
>> If you want to try this patch series you can clone:
>>   git clone -b arm git://xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/xen-unstable.git
>
> From the wiki it seems that this also requires a non-mainline kernel (a
> linaro derived thing?). How close is arndale support to being
> upstream/mainline?

The wiki page point to a linux 3.7 whit linaro patches and xen patches.

It's seems the Arndale support is nearly completed on 3.9. It's a matter
of about ten patches.

I would prefer to stick on linaro tree to avoid to maintain our own
Linux Arndale tree. We can switch to a linux upstream once the Arndale
is fully supported.

--
Julien