[Xen-devel] xl attempts duplicate DomU creation

Hi all,

I'm doing some tweaks and modifications to the initscripts that are included in my Xen packages for EL6. We've just stumbled across a problem that I'm not sure is xen related or not.

If you have a running system, and you manually create a DomU such as:
# xl create /etc/xen/domu.cfg

Then attempt to create that DomU again, you end up with something like:
# xl create vm.cfg
Parsing config from vm.cfg
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:526:libxl__domain_make: cannot change hotplug execution option once set, please shutdown all guests before changing it libxl: error: libxl_create.c:646:initiate_domain_create: cannot make domain: -3

You then end up with an entry in 'xl list' that starts with (null) and nothing is easily able to destroy it.

My feelings are that xl shouldn't try to create a DomU that already exists - at the very least not leave a partially configured DomU.

This is on Xen 4.2.2.

Thoughts?

--
Steven Haigh