Re: [Xen-devel] IO speed limited by size of IO request (for RBD driver)

On 27/04/2013 12:06 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
On 23/04/13 21:05, Steven Haigh wrote:
Sorry - resending this to Felipe as well - as I started talking to him
directly previously.

Felipe, to bring you up to date, I've copied over the blkback files from
Rogers indirect kernel over the vanilla 3.8.8 kernel files, built and
tested. Results below:

Bringing this into context in a nutshell - results showed about 5MB/sec improvement when using buffered disk access - totalling ~57MB/sec write speed vs ~98MB/sec when using the oflag=direct flag to dd.

When talking about back porting a few indirect patches to mainline blkback (3.8.8 atm):