Re: [Xen-devel] Massive Instant Clock Jump & Freeze domU Issue (NOT Related to Drift, Live Migration or Saving/Restoring)

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 02:26 +0100, Tom W wrote:

> Would changing independent_wallclock=1 bypass the need for the domU
> system to call this potentially bad scale_delta method in RHEL5?

In principal the system time (which uses scale_delta) and the wallclock
time (which independent_wallclock controls) are separate things, however
your use of clocksource=jiffies and such an old kernel makes me unsure
if they are intertwined or not in your environment.

The best way to know for sure would be to rebuild your kernel with some
debugging added and test that.