Re: [Xen-devel] SEDF Scheduler-Temporal Isolation

Also,we couldn't figure out what is the difference between current SEDF implementation and CBS. In theory, they seem almost same to us; they both have slice(budget) concepts, they both extend task's deadline when their slice is over and they also replenish their slice at that time. If CBS enables temporal isolation, what does prevent SEDF from being temporally isolated?

In CBS, for each task we have assigned servers and they accomplish bandwidth reservation for them and this results in temporal isolation. In SEDF, vCPUs have slice and period fields upon to their initialization in do_schedule function but how are they managed in the big picture?

2013/4/22 George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Orçun Yıldız <oorcun.yildiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are two graduate students working on "Implementing Temporal Isolation and
> Multiprocessor Support in the SEDF Scheduler" (
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/GSoC_2013#Temporal_Isolation_and_Multiprocessor_Support_in_the_SEDF_Scheduler
> ).
>
> I found out the following scheduler simulator by George but I think it is
> suitable to credit scheduler. Do you have any suggestions/works for
> simulating SEDF scheduler?
>
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/gdunlap/sched-sim.hg

I doubt it -- but it only took me a few days to hack together that
one.  Your best bet is either to just write your own, or take what I
have there as inspiration and hack it to do what you want.

 -George