Re: [Xen-devel] Security disclosure process discussion update

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Matt Wilson <msw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 12:24:11PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
>> OK, I've updated the section to make it clear that organizations are
>> committing to the disclosure policy and agree to ensure that their
>> members who come in contact with it abide by the policy.
>>
>> I think we're probably ready for the normal vote starting 15 April.
>
> Hi George,
>
> Thanks for the update. Before we have a call for a vote I think it'd
> be good to produce another redline version of the policy so it's a bit
> more clear what's changing. What do you think?

I assume by "redline" you mean with the changes highlighted somehow?

That sounds like a good plan.  I was mainly waiting until the Linux
Foundation news settled down a bit, and then I was going to start the
voting process.

> Also, Lars added an item to the May hackathon wiki
> (http://tiny.cc/vtwsvw) to discuss other aspects of the process that
> might should be included in the policy. Should we defer voting on a
> draft until after the hackathon?

I'm willing to consider it, but I really don't think it's necessary.
There has been ample time for people to reflect on and share their
views, and the process probably should have been voted on in February,
if I was better at multitasking. :-)

 -George