Re: [Xen-devel] about the VM's memory distribution on numa nodes

On ven, 2013-04-19 at 10:00 +0100, butian huang wrote:
> hello Dario,

Hi,

> My question is about the virtual machine's memory distribution,I want to get
> the information from guest os.

Ok, then the answer is: that is not possible. :-( Of course, this in
only true because no one yet has implemented the set of features
required for this to became true, it would be wonderful to receive some
help with it! :-)

> For example,when the VM has intalled the Win7 or Redhat,how to get the memory
> distribution?
> And if know this,then the application on the OS can optimize the performance
> and access the affinity node.

Exactly. See here:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_NUMA_Roadmap#Virtual_NUMA_topology_exposure_to_guests

If you have some time to spend on the issue, you're welcome to join the
crew! If that is the case, feel free to ask me directly (xen-devel is of
course fine, but no need to bother all the other people you're Cc-ing)
for anything you need. :-)

Thanks and Regards,
Dario