[Xen-devel] (no subject)

Greetings All,

I am very new to Xen but have spent a considerable amount of time researching various emulators and simulators like QEMU, Virtualbox, Bochs, etc.... to find out which may be good for a project that I am interested in moving towards related to the x86_64 platform.

It seems that XEN may be the best solution as I need something that can be billed as a Type I and also Type II emulator. Xen and HXen meet these goals.

Now I am entering the learning curve to get a feel for the source code but had a question related to the layout of Xen.

I am trying to understand where the main init functions are in Xen as for example in QEMU they are in the v1.c file and as to where the mian loops are for the hypervisor are to loop through the vCPU's.

I am also trying to get a feel for where the memory allocation functions are in Xen.

Also, in the Xen 4.2.1 distro, is qemu called for each HPV.

Please forgive these questions if they should be obvious to me, but I would like to get a good feel for the booting sequence and control loops that Xen has to utilize.

I have read a number of documents on the website that give me briev overview of how Xen operates with  Dom0 and DomU guests but now it is time for me to get a feel for the sources so that I might be able to learn and contribute to the effort of a very wonderful hypervisor.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards and have a great day,
Lonnie T. Cumberland