Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update CODE FREEZE HAS_BEGUN

--On 18 April 2013 16:50:06 +0200 Roger Pau Monnà <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 - The new iSCSI libxl/xl disk functionality could also be considered a
tech preview, again it's best to have it like that rather than not
having it at all, I've heard quite a lot of people asking about iSCSI
support in Xen.

I don't quite understand this point. We've been happily using iSCSI
support (i.e. dom0 iSCSI block devices) with xen 4.2 for ages,
using libxl. I am 99.9% sure we have this working with xl too for
testing. Why does Xen even care whether /dev/sdc is a SATA disk or
a SCSI disk?

Completely untested, but if upstream QEMU device model is the 4.3
default, upstream QEMU has its own native iscsi client built in.
Won't that 'just work'? (with libxl, perhaps not xl)

--
Alex Bligh