Re: [Xen-devel] Xen security issues

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013, AL13N wrote:

Op zondag 14 april 2013 11:15:03 schreef Ian Campbell:
On Sun, 2013-04-14 at 08:05 +0100, AL13N wrote:
I'm the Mageia maintainer and i'm a bit behind on patching CVE-* .

can anyone help me find out which of these are actually applicable for
4.1.2?
You can find a list of the already public Xen security announcements,
with CVE numbers and links to advisories, patches etc at:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Security_Announcements

the problem is not finding the patches :-)

the problem is which in those huge lists are actually applicable to that
specific version: xen-4.2.1

At some point you will have to read through the advisories as some are only for specific versions and some are fixes to xen code in the kernel but you can narrow the process down by seeing when xen-4.2.1 (or xen-4.1.2) was released as it would contain all relevant security fixes up to that point. The source repositories would give you the exact order.

If you want to start from a clean slate, 4.1.5 and 4.2.2 look like they will come out soon, so you would just need to watch for new security updates after that point to keep them secure.

        Michael Young