Re: [Xen-devel] XEN tools on a stripped system

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 14:42 +0100, Andrii Anisov wrote:

> Could you please clarify what libs and utils Xen tools need to run?

Off the top of my head, xenstored (and client tools), xenconsoled (and
client), xl, and the libraries which they depend on. Plus the relevant
initscripts etc.

ldd will give you hints about libraries if you don't have better tools
but you'll be looking at at least libxen{ctrl,guest,light,store}.

> Is it possible link XEN tools statically?

Not generally, or at least not regularly attempted, so YMMV. The only
ones I know of which are regularly statically linked might be the
xenstore client tools.

> Is there a chance to setup busybox based system for Dom0?

Depends on how much effort you are willing to put in I expect.