Re: [Xen-devel] Compilation error crossbuilding tools.

On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 11:06 +0100, Sander Bogaert wrote:
> On 11 April 2013 11:25, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 10:23 +0100, Sander Bogaert wrote:
> >> I know but my dom0 is Debian wheezy so it has an older version of
> >> glibc ( I read Wheezy as dom0 is what other have too ).
> >
> > If you are building in a Ubuntu environment then you very likely need to
> > run in an Ubuntu environment too I'm afraid.
> >
> > You could try a newer glibc from Debian's experimental repository, but
> > YMMV using that...
> >

> I think that a part of my message got lost again ( I should only reply
> inline I guess and not append to the mail? )

Trimming unnecessary quoted material would help.

> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-04/msg00772.html

I see you are trying to use xm here -- xm/xend are not supported on ARM,
only xl is supported.

> The glibc thing shouldn't be related to the python issue I think?

Correct, they are unrelated.

There should be no python issue because you shouldn't be trying to use
anything which uses Python (specifically xend) in the first place. The
tree referenced from the wiki page includes a patch which disables
building of the python stuff altogether when cross compiling. Perhaps
you have some stale python stuff installed from your previous attempts
with another tree?

> I can start over and deboostrap an Ubuntu system to have the correct
> glibc, I was just wondering how other solved it ( wiki states people
> use Wheezy for dom0 a lot)?

Those people likely aren't cross compiling in an Ubuntu chroot, they are
probably building natively on an armhf system running Debian.