[Xen-devel] Modifying xc_save and xc_restore

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Vincenzo De Maio <vinc.demaio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:08:18 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 08:09:52 +0000

Hi all, I need to make some modifications to xc_save and xc_restore to Xen 3.0.3 for research purposes.

In order to avoid to recompile all the xen source at each modification I do to these binaries, I thougt to substitute the version of this two binaries which is installed in /usr/lib64/xen/bin, with a version I compile myself from the Xen source code tarball.

The problem is that after doing this I get an error
Error: /usr/lib64/xen/bin/xc_save 4 1 0 0 5 failed: popen failed

My question is: is it possible to do what I want to do? If so, which is the right way to do it?

I'm running Xen 3.0.3 on a server running Centos 5.8 .

Thanks a lot in advance!