[Xen-devel] Detecting PV drivers

Hi,

I'm trying find out the best way of detecting whether PV drivers have loaded in an HVM guest. For example, this is so we can decide whether or not to wait for a response from the guest when suspending.

I think the best way of doing this is to find out whether the hypercall page has been populated or not, as this is the first thing that any PV drivers will have to do, but I don't know how to detect this, or even if this is possible - is there any way of finding this out?

At the moment we're currently thinking of looking at status of the callback IRQ, which is the second thing that the Citrix PV drivers currently do, but I'm not sure about any other drivers. Would this be a reasonable thing to do if we can't detect the hypercall page?

Cheers,

Jon