Re: [Xen-devel] Any plan to support disk driver domain?

On 04/04/13 12:26, G.R. wrote:
> Hi developers,
> I'm currently running a PVHVM freeNAS domU to serve storage (SATA
> controller passed-through) to all other domUs. However, some issues are
> observed in the network / NFS performance for the NAS domU.
> I noticed that there is a blkback driver in freebsd which is documented
> as capable to export disk to other domains, which looks very promising.
> However, the wiki says that disk driver domain is not supported (at
> least for now).
>
> I wonder if there is any plan to support such disk driver domain? It'll
> be a great feature for my use case.
>
> Thanks,
> Timothy

Hello,

Driver domain support is indeed planed for libxl/xl, most kernels out
there already have driver domain capabilities, it's just a matter of
creating a protocol to communicate between Dom0 and the Driver domain,
so the driver domain knows which devices it has to attach and to which
guest.