Re: [Xen-devel] install xen 4.2.1

On mar, 2013-04-02 at 08:28 -0700, zhangwqh wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I want to install xen-4.2.1 on Ubuntu12.04. The kernel version is 3.2.0-29.
> The compile process and install process are successful. However, after I
> reboot the system, can not enter the system, the system will reboot
> automatically.

I believe this is more of a question for the xen-users mailing list:

xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Anybody has met this problem before?

Something is going on while booting either Xen or the Dom0 kernel.
However, without any information about what they both say when trying to
start, we can't help much... Are you able to capture some log and send
them (to xen-users) ?

You can try adding "noreboot" to your Xen command line, in the boot
loader, to avoid the immediate reboot, as well as setting up a serial
console and fetch the output from there:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console

Regards,
Dario